Mittwoch, 20. März 2013

An old one.


When I was taking photos of my Swoon Quilt yesterday it hit me that I never properly photographed the other quilt that is living on my sofa.




It's a hexagon string quilt. I found this great tutorial over on this blog called The Tin Whistle and fell in love with her quilt. It looks so happy and busy and I love the colors! I ordered some scrap bags, since I needed the strips to be the WOF. I never would have put those prints together in a quilt initially, but it turned out rather beautiful. I love the scrappy look of it.



It was the first quilt I made for me and my fourth quilt ever. I quilted some wide spaced crooked lines all over it, just to keep all three layers together. I wanted it to be finished and I wanted all the patterns to pop, not the texture. There are no points lining up, I didn't press properly so that I have quite the bulk in some places, but I love it to the moon and back. Whenever I look at it I have to smile.



It finished at a really odd size with 41" wide and 61" long. I didn't have enough fabric for another row so it would be a bit wider and I didn't want to buy another scrap bag and wait for weeks for it to arrive.


 It is just the right size to wrap around your shoulders and drink a cup of hot cocoa. Which is want I'm going to do right now. Cheers.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen