Dienstag, 19. März 2013

Finally. Swoon.





The past couple of weeks I have been really busy. Busy with finishing my semester in university, writing exams, finishing up forgotten papers and homework assignments, sewing, quilting my mothers quilt, visiting my parents (and giving my mother her quilt - forgot to take photographs though. Bummer.) and spring cleaning. Yesterday I gave the bedroom a facelift. I pulled the bed away from the wall and got all those ugly dust bunnies behind that out and even found our IKEA family card (I smell some nice fabric shopping coming in the next few days. 1 Euro off per meter? Um, yes please!).



Since the bedroom now looks nice and fresh and polished I used the opportunity and threw my Swoon Quilt on the bed. It's snowing like crazy outside, so the snow gave some extra light, which is always welcomed in my dark apartment. It's been a while since I announced that I finished it back here. It's been in good use ever since I finished it. When I was away last week visiting my parents Mr. A slept on the sofa and used it as a sheet and a blanket and kind of wrapped himself up in it. We both hate sleeping in the empty bed when the other one is not there, so we both tend to camp out on the sofa till the other one comes back.



It's all soft and cuddly and the vintage sheets look so beautiful in those blocks. I already ordered new vintage sheets FQs, although I am still not sure what to do with them. They are a dream to work with.
I made one minor mistake (well, minor for me, major for other ones probably) and forgot to add the borders all around. Which lead up to the corners of the blocks being eaten up by the binding. I don't really mind since I was really grateful it wasn't any bigger when quilting it.



I washed it and let it hang on my clothesline to dry and it turned out just the right amount of wrinkly for me. I love how faded and vintage it looks and I love love love that I used this old flannel bed sheet I got from my mother for the back. It keeps me warm every evening since winter has decided to stay a little longer.


And the binding and corners up close. I bought the binding fabric over a year ago and was kind of disappointed, that it looked so different than what it looked like online. I put it away and never used it. When I was hunting my tiny stash for a possible binding fabric I realized how awesome this one looks with the Vintage sheets. Glad I found it again. And you can see a bit of the backing.



To finish it off: My favorite block, I just love the floral print.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen